Sunday, June 15, 2008

reflections/boogie and shake

many of you know i had the great pleasure of teaching 8th graders this past year for the first time in my career. it was HARD at times to say the least. however, as i reflect on this past year, i really liked teaching 8th grade. if some of you had spent a day with me, you might want to check me into a mental facility for actually enjoying my crazy job. of course, with any job, there were days i would go home hoping i wouldn't actually have to go back the next day. (i always went back.) i guess that is why we are all beautifully and wonderfully made so differently. i like middle schoolers. i was given an opportunity to go back and teach 6th grade for next year, move to 7th grade teaching the same thing, or stay in 8th grade. i am staying right where i am and i am excited for another go at it. i am compiling a list of things i love (and maybe hate) about 8th graders, but it isn't done yet. i don't know if anyone other than me will enjoy reading over my completed list. :)

last week we had a harbor cruise for all the kids eligible (2.0 gpa and citizenship) and we had a BLAST. i hoped it wasn't a problem that i only chaperoned the bottom deck of the boat...the one with the dj and full on dance party. i just couldn't break away to my other scheduled times on other decks.

a group of my boys at school before we left...they look so cute!! (our kids wear uniforms at school, so i never see them in nice clothes!)

a few of my girls and i before we left (i know, i look like a student)

some of my boys shakin' it on the dance floor

my friend danielle and i leaning like a cholo

dante and i boogie'n...one of my favorite students of all time

my 6 seminar students...that's right i had 6 and they are PHENOMINAL

we had a BLAST on the harbor cruise!

the last day of school, i had a dance party with one of my classes. this picture doesn't do it justice, but i had the whole class up and doing the cha cha slide. sooooooo funny!


tomorrow is 8th grade promotion. i will post more pictures!

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

Your kids are awesome!

Emily said...

Whit! I loved reading the last few posts, looks like the bday was a HUGE success. Ryan's big 3-0 is coming up in a few weeks and it's kind of a lot of pressure being the wife?!

CONGRATS to Matt and his lightening fast marathon finish!

And I LOVED the harbor cruise pics, so so so dear. You are amazing at what you do!

Love to you guys!

Kimberly Smith said...

love the pics of your kids...i love how much bigger they are than you!! :)

love ya!

Anonymous said...

Look at me...I'm laggin!
I sure wish I had a teacher like you when I went to Roosevelt. Your pictures are wonderful and looks like your students really like to be around you. What a bundle of energy you are! They are very luck to have you and Matt.

Love you,
Stalker Mom