Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hades

It has been as hot as hades here! how bout that simile for ya? (I just had to look up 'hades' to remind myself where that saying came from) If you'd like to know, I'd be happy to tell you, but I will forgo the definition and spare you! Anyway, back to the original intention of this post...I got in my car yesterday after school (the 30th of September) and my breath was taken away with how hot it was in my car. I can't touch my steering wheel or my seatbelt buckle for at least 5 minutes. I proceed to look up at my fancy schmancy digital sucker that tells me the temperature and what direction I am facing, only to see this:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I now know 2 things, I am parked facing South and it is hotter than hell right now. I promptly pulled out my camera phone to get proof my car was actually saying this. While obviously, it was sitting in direct sunlight and it wasn't really 124 degrees outside, I had never seen anything so ridiculous in my life! It was hot ENOUGH to even register that reading on the last day of September! Goodness gracious people, I can't possibly dress any cooler at work without being inappropriate. Please help all of us in San Diego and do your rain dance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing heat yesterday, yesiree.
Try putting on some hot wire-rimmed sunglasses!
That'll give you quick reflexes! I keep mine in a compartment in the car and made that mistake only once. Got a windshield shade for your car? They do help but they are a pain to deal with.

Have a great day!
Stalker Mom xoxoxo

Melissa Abby said...

Well it's already cold here and just going to get colder! Can't wait for you guys to be out here, have you made plans yet??