Sunday, January 13, 2008

Go Bolts!


One step closer to the AFC Championship...We beat the Indianapolis Colts today!!! If you don't already know, Matt and I are both avid football fans. The second I moved to San Diego for college in the fall of 1998, I became a Charger fan. I never had a professional team to root for in Portland, so I easily morphed into a crazy Charger fan once I got here. Who knew I would meet and marry an even BIGGER life-long Bolt fan. Together, even just the two of us watching the game in our own living room can get pretty crazy! :) Sporting LT jerseys and respective Charger hats, this game was intense down to the end...I was pacing and jumping up and down (Matt much more calm and collected in his football recliner), although both screaming at the TV at moments, and high-fiving great plays every chance we had. Our friend Brady Radovich came over for the 2nd half (Jen was working) and he fit right into the "intenseness" of our living room :) The fact that the Chargers beat the Colts today was pretty unbelievable. The Colts are a class act team and we both kinda admit we like that team. Next week, we face the undefeated New England Patriots. I think we have had a fantastic season even winning two play-off games. So, even if we don't get past that NE team, it is okay. All I am asking for is one, just ONE lights out sack by Merriman on Tom Brady, to wipe that smirk off his face. And THAT my friends would round out a perfect season in San Diego.

3 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

Go Chargers!! I definitely yelled "touchdown" out loud in pottery barn today as I was listening to the game on my ipod!!
I only got one high five out of it though :)
Cromarte was robbed of his touchdown...I definitely yelled out loud about that one too!

Maybe Brady will slip on some ice or something this week...I am a Wes Welker fan but I'll pretend I'm not for this game :)

Mackenzie said...

look at you, you hardcore chargers fans, you!! i have to admit, i'm split for next week's game -- i kinda like the pats and of course i love the chargers...we'll see. (please don't hate me for liking the pats ;)

Mackenzie said...

sorry about your bolt...SO close! :(