Tuesday, February 19, 2008

where do you clip your fingernails?

hello, faithful blogger-checkers! i want to begin with a disclaimer that i never promised amazing, insightful posts every time...only most the time (ha. just kidding) all i promised was a peek into our lives, however boring or bizarre it may be at times. (end disclaimer). speaking of bizarre, you are probably wondering why on earth i titled my post like this. picture this... i was sitting at starbucks this evening busting out homework for my master's class, without my ipod this time (unfortunately), thoroughly focused on my work with my face in my laptop. some jazzy tunes are flowing, only a handful of people about, productive time spent for me. then, all of a sudden, i hear an all too familiar sound that can't be mistaken as anything other than fingernail clipping. what? i am at starbucks, not in my bathroom, or at the very least my own livingroom. i look up to find what i really hoped was my ears deceiving me. not the case. all my work completely ceased as i pondered this weird and more importantly gross circumstance. i really wanted to throw something at this fingernail-clipping in public perpetrator. and i was only drinking a beverage (grande soy 3 pump vanilla latte to be specific) but had i been eating, i think i might have had to get up and leave. luckily, after about 5 minutes (and apparantly satisfactory nails) he got up and left, and i got back to work. maybe i am ridiculously sensitive but i just thought that was inappropriate. and i just thought i'd share. i would never clip my fingernails or do any other type of personal grooming in a public establishment. i hope you don't either.

3 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

Um, that is pretty much disgusting! Who does that in public??!! At least it wasn't toenails I guess :)

Sis said...

Way to restrain yourself Whitney!! Sounds like the guy was raised by wolves. He probably belongs to "that" group that rub their teeth with their finger because they "forgot" to brush in the morning!

Aren't you glad you married the PERFECT husband??

Love you!
Mom Rochin, Sis....etc. ;o)

Kelli Henderson said...

That is disgusting. I'm so sorry you had to hear that, Whit! And no, you're not sensitive...some people just have no sense of personal space. That's crazy..sounds like something that would happen up here in granola-ola Washington. :)

xxx