Friday, March 7, 2008

hallelujah!

Sadly, as most of you probably know, education in California and our whole Nation is down to bare bones in terms of funding and staffing, not to mention opportunities for our students. While we tried hard to remain calm, it has been a stressful time for us both in the education field, waiting (and waiting.....) to hear about our jobs. It has been nothing but number crunching, projected enrollment, and hire date and credential checking. Yikes.

Matt called me the other day after a budget update meeting and when I answered the phone, the first thing he says is, "Do they make shopping carts that will fit us and 2 dogs?" While he is a funny one, and got a laugh out of me :) we have both been pretty unsettled for a few weeks. That's another reason why I love my husband, he makes me laugh in a time when I really wanted to cry.

Drumroll, please.........We found out TODAY that BOTH our jobs are safe at our school site for next year!!!! Our principal literally just now walked out of my classroom after giving me this FANTASTIC news!!! I was happily grading journals on my prep, and when she walked in, my heart started beating so fast...I didn't think a personal visit would be good news at all. When she told me I still had my position, I jumped up and hugged her I was so happy and relieved!!! Matt called my classroom this morning because he talked to her earlier and he is safe also. PHEW.

Praise the Lord for taking care of us. We are grateful.

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

YAY! Glad you don't have to stress about that!! Would have loved to get updates from a shopping cart though :)

Sis said...

I AM SO RELIEVED!!! I am crying as I write this (and you both know what a "cry-baby" I am). You both have your lives now but a parent never stops worrying.
You both work so hard at what you do, you should celebrate each other!

Love you guys,
Mom, Sis...lady in apron!! xoxoxoxoxoxox

Kelli Henderson said...

Yes, Whit and Matt! I'm so glad that you can breathe and relax about your future! Here's praying for a new change in our government that will shift the way we think about education...and get you some Mo Money!!!!!!

p.s. we heart dogs and beaches!

xxx
Kel and Josh

Kimberly Smith said...

happy for you my love!

tell buddy i said "hi"

xoxo