Monday, August 25, 2008

one more day

we have one day left until summer vacation is over. it really has been a great summer. matt is ready to go back to work and get on a schedule and blah blah blah...i am so NOT ready to go back. it makes me a little nervous, i'm not sure why i really am not looking forward to going back-it is almost a sense of dread. i'm sure as soon as the year gets rolling, it will be good. i am glad matt is feeling ready, and i will have no other choice than to get myself ready with the rest of this week! because ready or not, here they come! we work in our classrooms wed-friday, and the first day of school is next tuesday after labor day. without fail, i get so nervous and jittery before the first day of school--6 years later and i still have the same feelings as I did my 1st year! (okay, probably not quite that bad...i am more confident now, thankfully) i also have had a nightmare every single year about something chaotic happening at school. last year, everything was crazy in my room and i was yelling at the top of my lungs to get the kids under control and no one could hear me. i wonder if my nightmare will be better this year. it is due any time now :)

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

I'm like you, I always kind of dread it but once I am there I like it. And now that I am not teaching I really miss it!! Back to school commercials always kind of depress me though, I guess I just love summer!

kel said...

Hey, girl! Found your blog through facebook. Ummm...I'mj jealous that you only have 1 nightmare about the first day of school. I've had at least 4 this summer, they're always about chaos and me not being able to handle it. Anyway, check out my blog if you haven't already!

Anonymous said...

Hi Whit!
Maybe you worked too much this summer! Between coaching, home projects and such did you get enough R & R?? Your "kids" can be very draining I would imagine. Good luck to you "sweetie"...

Love,
Stalker Mom xoxo

Kimberly Smith said...

do we need to watch Dangerous Minds again to get you pumped? :)

love you!!