Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crate and Barrel?

i stopped on the way home from work to day and bought some tulips...just because! then i got home and arranged them in a vase. i realized our dining room table (that i had been avoiding tidying up for quite some time) did not have a square inch of table showing. the surface was littered with mail and various other random things I had previously needed to put away. i contemplated just moving the piles around and making space for a 2 inch diameter vase. then i thought better of it. the actual thought that popped into my head was "these flowers are so pretty, and if i clean all this crap up, then my table will look like it is straight out of a catalogue!!"

immediately inspired.

i am going to enjoy my clean beautiful table until the flowers die or the mail piles back up... whichever comes first :)

5 comments:

Kimberly Smith said...

your flowers look beautiful, but I'm tempted to drive over and see where that pile of mail went :)

...Crystal... said...

i love tulips! now i want some. :)

Anonymous said...

I love you Whitney....you and I could speak volumes on "piles". You should see our dining room table! It always is a "catch-all" for our stuff.
Big hug!
Stalker Mom :o) xoxoxoxo

Deanna said...

Nice job, Whit! My kind of inspiration:)

Derek and Kelsey said...

Lookin' good sis!! But I'm with Kim!! Where did all the mail go!? Ha! That is a constant battle at our house -- the mail table. I am slowly being trained to keep it nice and clean! Love ya!