Friday, April 24, 2009

hiatus



hiatus from taco bell that is. we got in the habit of me grabbing taco bell about once/week on my way home from coaching club. well, we still probably get it for dinner once every 2 weeks...just because. matt likes the fresco menu (healthier) and i love bean and cheese burritos, no onions!

i am pretty sure i got food poisoning last night and the only thing it could have been was...alas...my beloved burrito from taco bell. let me tell you, my friends, it was not pretty. i woke up at 4am, headed straight to the bathroom and proceeded to stay there for an hour and a half :( it was coming out both ends. simultaneously. sitting on the toilet puking in the bathtub. i was in bad shape! gross, i know. sorry was that tmi? hahaaa. i was sweating like crazy and then freezing cold. bleh! i woke matt up and asked him to call me a sub because there was no way i was making it in today.

at first i thought i was coming down with the flu, but as today has progressed, i feel much MUCH better, which makes me think food poisoning! thank goodness not the flu. i couldn't take any more of that yuckiness. as it was, in the wee hours of the morning i reverted to a small child and thought to myself "i want my mommy!" anytime i was sick, she would sit in the bathroom, give me a cold washcloth to put on my forehead, and rub my back. thinking of how stinky the bathroom was, man! what a good mom!! thanks mom! :) i know matt would have sat up with me but i also knew there was nothing he could do, so i wanted to let him sleep!

matt made me a sandwich last night to take to work today, and i found it when i woke up this morning :)

7 comments:

kel said...

Dude. I got food poisoning from Taco Bell when I was 18, and my family commenced calling me the "Taco Bell Princess" (I'll let your imagination figure out why). The thought of that food, to this day, makes me want to hurl....out of my ass.

...Crystal... said...

You poor thing! Glad you're feeling better. What a sweet hubby you have. :)

Mackenzie said...

never actually got food poisoning myself from Taco Bell but def heard of many friends getting it so since all the stories - and other terrible ones that don't involve food poisoning - i have sworn off the place. it gets easier over time - i am sure you will think of your night in the bathroom and resist the temptation. glad you are feeling better, whit!

Anne said...

Oh man. I have been there with the sitting on the toilet and puking into the bathtub. Good thing the bathtub is right next to the toilet, or who knows where the puke would have gone!!!! Glad you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie....I am so sorry you had such a rough time. Scariest part is sometimes you don't know if you can catch your breath before the next hurl! By golly you don't want to be out of breath at that moment or you end up choking!!! (yuck....that's the nurse in me....everything entirely TOO graphic!!!)
You do have a pretty neat husband though!
Big hug to you and hope your ribs and stomach muscles aren't sore anymore!!!
Love,
Stalker Mom xoxoxoxo

Deanna said...

Oh no!! Which Taco Bell? As you know, we eat there about once a week . . all though not much lately for some reason. So sorry Whit! Sounds like the night Jen & Brady got food poisoning from sushi . . .Pedialyte works wonders!! Glad you are better!

Melissa Abby said...

Hope you are feeling better Whit!