Saturday, May 9, 2009

ode to my mom

i love my mom. a mother and a daughter could not have been matched more perfectly.

she is fabulous and wonderful and silly and caring. she is hilarious at times but often thinks she is hilarious when she's not. she cracks up at her own jokes. she is forgiving and gracious. and feisty and sassy. she is a big dork. sometimes she's a brat (but who's perfect?) she loves her family like crazy. she is genuinely fun to be around. she's not so fashionable and loves goodwill. she's resourceful. and good to have around if the power goes out :) she keeps it real and tells it like it is. she gets excited about the red starbucks christmas cups. she has always believed in me and made sacrifices for me. she was the best fan and at every game of every season. she has major ADD when it comes to task completion. she cries when she laughs hard. and sometimes pees her pants. she'd give you the shirt off her back. she is friendly with everyone she meets. she loves camping and adventure and dogs. she is the world's slowest driver and it's so annoying. she has never not been there for me when i needed her. she loves matthew like her own son. she is my friend. one of my very best friends who i can share anything with.

i am so very grateful for my mom.


















i consider myself lucky to have not one, but four moms that all mean the world to me! thank you to each of you for the special part you play in my life.

Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweetie...you are a treasure!
and I really like your mom too. She's my kind of person and I wish she lived closer. Just think of all the "damage" we could do!!!
Love,
Stalker Mom xoxoxo

Deanna said...

This is so sweet, Whit! Happy Mothers Day to you, dog mom! xoxo

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...what an amazing mothers day card this is! you forgot to say i cry reading the phone book...and for sure reading this! It certainly has been easy to be your mom...you have always been such a blessing and continue to be! i love you so much! xoxoox ps i love the pic of the traffic control..now that was a fun nite!!! :)

Emily said...

Just caught up on your blog and loved it! Looks like life is good. Miss you guys, love you lots.

Derek and Kelsey said...

WHIT!!! I have looked at this posting a hundred times! I love all these pics of our mama! I totally want to go back to last summer, and winter, while you guys were here for so long! Those were some of the best times of my life! Love the bag-o pic, and the one of mom being traffic controller - i totally forgot about that! Love them!! Miss you! Oh but wait... ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya! See you tomorrow!! AAHAHHHH!!!!! I love saying that!