Friday, May 29, 2009

Rockin' n Rollin'

i will be running my first full marathon this sunday, and matt will be completing his sixth! matt will finish about 3 hours before me, but that's okay!! thankfully, i will have my buddies kirstin and mack with me to provide lots of encouragement for each other. kirstin has been encouraging me this whole time of training, when i was thinking i probably couldn't actually end up doing the marathon. now, i am so thankful for her encouragement and sooooo excited for the challenge (okay, and a bit nervous also, but mostly excited!!!)

i am fairly certain this event will be the single most challenging thing, both mentally and physically, that i have ever done in my life!

i told my students that if for some reason i didn't show back up to school for the next two weeks...then i probably died.

i couldn't be more excited to experience it with my most fabulous sister-in-law and brother-in-law!!! oh, and don't worry...kirstin and i have matching outfits and we will look cute, no matter how tired and haggard we are by the end :) i will post pictures for sure!

until then, here is one of my lovely hubby in marathon number three (his fave photo).

he's a rockstar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best to you my sweetie! Matt sent me the link and I will have his time sent to me on my phone and of course I will be thinking of you too. What a courageous thing to take on. I always said you were a "dynamo" so I guess this just proves how much spunk you are made of. Regardless what the outcome, the fact that you stepped up to the challenge is awesome!

Good luck little lady!!!
xoxoxoxo Stalker Mom

Jana said...

Wow! Amazing, Whit! How did you do? I want to see pictures! :)