Thursday, May 21, 2009

photo fun

hhhmmm...am I am Oregon girl or a Cali girl at heart? Can I be both? This WWII Memorial was amazing.


Here are some of my best shots of the week on the East Coast. I have had fun learning my camera and look forward to having more time to practice this summer!

Washington Monument


State Capitol Building


The Metro


A banner I liked in the Library of Congress


I found my next anniversary present. The Hope Diamond


Sunset on the Potomac River (and a couple of kayakers)


A White House and a Brown Bird. ok, the White House and a regular bird.


Arlington. Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers


Intense.


Yes. I concur.


Mt. Vernon. George's ol' stomping grounds.


Lightpost in Central Park


Resident New Yorker


I could spend some time here.


A peek at the City


Little in the Big City


Curb Your Dog? Was that necessary?


what's your favorite picture? I'd love to know!!

5 comments:

krista said...

i love the banner, metro and changing of guard. you got some GREAT photos!!!!

Sis said...

Okay...tough to choose because they are ALL great photos but I think I especially liked the shot titled "little in the big city" but I have to say i liked the Metro shot a little more. Between all the shadows, angle of shot and the different geometric "stuff" going on it's a fantastic shot. Looks like you are ready for a little photoshop toy! Good job Whitney!
Love you and hi to Kels and Derek!
Stalker Mom xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anne said...

My favorite was the Washington Monument! I am thinking I NEED your same camera :)

Kimberly Smith said...

i'll give you a full description later...based off my photography class knowledge I would pick the one with the tree :)

Melissa Abby said...

Love all your pictures, you are getting good with the camera! How perfect that OR and CA were right next to each other in the first one :)