Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas 2008

The drive up to Oregon in December can be summed up by snowplows, mountain passes, and sleeping dogs [please note zoe resting her chin on our chain set-haha]



The 2 weeks in Oregon can't quite be summed up so easily. It was a fantastic, wonderful, beautiful, fun-filled while utterly relaxing, quality time spent with family. joy. love. lots of laughs. lots of snow. sledding. games. sitting around the fire in the living room. standing around the fire in the yard. traveling dog park everywhere we went with all our pups. the oregon coast. kelsey and derek's engagement! seeing old friends. the list goes on.





















**things to note in the photos above: matt scraping snow off the car with a spatula, matt drying his shoe in front of the wood stove with the fire tool, how matt is kelsey's long lost brother (-in-law) and how they play, wrestle, pick on each other non-stop, how adorable our dogs are and how much they love each other and snuggle, how much my 2 nephews are growing, the unfortunate tree falling on car situation dented my parent's bronco, how my orange game piece was kicking ass in balderdash[not sure who was green], it snowed so much we lost power for a few hours, the butcher the baker the candlestick maker and my mom busted out alternate lighting, and LASTLY...how crisp and clear the photo is of the 'Welcome to Oregon' sign as we were driving full speed past. yesssssssss for the new camera!

5 comments:

krista said...

Great pictures. Love the spatula.....what a Cali boy! :) Question for you...do you dye your hair, or is that your natural color? I like it. I need to dye mine...

Melissa Abby said...

You guys are so cute :) And why is Matt so hilarious??!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures Whitney!
(I gotta couple of ideas....) Every time I see a picture of your mom I wish she and Tim lived closer.

Love you guys!
Stalker Mom xoxoxo

...Crystal... said...

FABULOUS pics! So glad you updated. :) I like your gray button thing in some of those photos--super cute! The spatula was awesome...reminds me of Jonathan "shoveling" snow with our dustpan during our first CO winter. Love it! I cannot believe how big the nephews are! They are so cute. I think that's all for now. xoxox

Tim and Linda Seelen said...

Whit, these are amazing memories. Some of them I don't even remember. You guys suprising your mom and I will forever be a memory not forgotten. We are utterly amazed that a bunch of Kendall girls could pull this off but, boy are we glad you did. Love BD and Mama