Monday, January 26, 2009

get down low?

i was reading an awesome blog called confessions of a pioneer woman (you should really check it out), and noting some tips in her photography section. One of them was to get down low to mix it up a little. Needless to say I marched to the park the next free afternoon I had, with my two furry subjects in tow, to try out this technique. who am i kidding...have you walked my dogs? let me rephrase...they walked me to the park.

i like the prideful look about zoe here, and the sky and trees is a nice change rather than a regular ol' background. still learning. [i don't think zoe would love this picture considering it is showcasing her ever-graying mug and missing 2 front bottom teeth! what an old lady!! she is the cutest ever to me]


zoe studies things and is very aware. i was laying in the grass so i could be at her level. still learning.



a playful and fun shot of bud rolling...this turned out way better than a shot standing up looking down at him rolling.


haha, oops! i was working on my aperture priority setting, but i guess i got my numbers mixed up...my subject is blurry but don't worry the trees about a thousand feet away are perfectly clear. ha.


i don't love this picture, but i do love that i got my aperture right...or close enough for now. buddy is in focus and zoe, only a couple feet behind him, is not in focus. aaaah. progress.


thanks for letting me share my novice photography mishaps and triumphs with you. i'm having fun. and i love that i have some time freed up to do this kind of thing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...listen to you and your "photo talk"....someone might get the impression you like your new Nikon!
But I gotta tell you that getting down on their level is a really great idea and does show some cool shots which you just took. Zoe looks more "masterful" or proud.

Way to go "kid"!! More photos please!

Love,
Stalker Mom xoxoxoxo

Kimberly Smith said...

good job whitty and the one of zoe out of focus and the trees in focus is perfect!

You can also take a picture of an object in the middle clear and the foreground and background blurry! for instance the picture you took where buddy is in focus...if you focused on zoe instead buddy would have been blurry and so would the trees behind zoe...fun huh!?

so proud of you!

Melissa Abby said...

Cool pictures Whitney, you have such cute dogs!