Wednesday, March 4, 2009

lessons i've learned from my dog(s)

.......:::::buddy:::::.......

........:::::zoe:::::........


So i am starting a new series on my blog...because it's my blog, and I can! I went for a run this evening and had an inspirational breakthrough from my dogs. I started thinking about how much man's best friend can teach a person, and my list is already 11 things long (yes, I got home from my run and started writing a list).

This thought process began when Zoe was lagging significantly behind. We were only about halfway out and she was a leash-length behind. Well, shorter than a full leash, because we have a double leash and Buddy was trying to be as far ahead as possible. Anyway, she was lagging. After about 3 or 4 minutes of her lagging, I started talking to her: "come on Zoe, you can do it! come on girl!" and she immediately quickened her pace and caught up. for a minute or two. so as she fell behind again, I started talking to her again and she caught up. SO, now you have the background on the origin of thought for this series. Only lesson number one came out out of this run.

Lesson numero uno...sometimes all it takes is a little encouragement. Whether you are on the giving end or the receiving, encouragement can go a long way!

I have decided to post one life lesson learned from my dogs each day (until I run out of ideas, and then this series will conclude abruptly and with no warning). No guarantees or promises on the depth or profoundness of the lessons.

3 comments:

Anne said...

What a fun idea, I love your blog. And your dogs. Haha :)

Kimberly Smith said...

cute idea whitty...give budders x's and o's from me. give zoe a what's up too ;)

Kelli Henderson said...

YES! You know I love this one...maybe you have to be a "dog person" to understand...but they are truly gifts from God. The unconditional love, the sweet snuggles, and the crazy antics...gotta love 'em. Can't wait to hear more lessons!