Monday, February 23, 2009

action shots!

set the wall boys. and cover those privates.

what happened to the wall?!


GOOOL!

team shot

and more Roosevelt champions!

The boys soccer team defeated Standley Middle, the number one team who hadn't lost in this league in 3 years. We won 1-0, on a goal scored by one of my students, Eduardo! You can see the photo I snapped right after the goal was scored. Half of these pictures were taken way across the field with my second lens. These are ALL taken on auto, because there is no way I could to do anything manually and capture anything in the fast-pace game!

I really notice the difference in quality from my point-and-shoot digital to my Nikon. It's good stuff. The best part is, I am already happy with picture quality and I am still a novice. It can only get better from here!

4 comments:

The Olson Family said...

Whit, did you take a photography class or get a lesson with your camera? Dust and I got a really nice Olympus camera, but I feel like I don't know how to use it!!! Let me know how you are getting so good!!!!!!!

Kimmie

Melissa Abby said...

Those are middle school boys?? They look so old! How exciting for them, I think that best part of teaching is watching them in outside stuff!

Anonymous said...

Great shots Whitney and congrats to the winning team! That action shot that you labeled "goal" is especially good. It's tough to get a clean close up shot from a hand-held camera from that distance without getting some sort of distortion. That would be a great photo to crop and frame. Kudos to you!!!!!!

Stalker Mom
xoxoxoxoxo

Derek and Kelsey said...

Heya Whit... What's a GOOL?! Is that what the kids call it down South!? Good shots! Love ya!!