Sunday, February 22, 2009

champions!




Roosevelt Cheerleaders won Nationals on Saturday! They got FIRST place in their division!!! It was the first cheer competition I have ever been to, and it was really exciting and a lot of fun! I have SO MUCH more respect for the "sport" of cheerleading (ok, I'll admit it, I still have a hard time calling it a sport--sorry) but it was INCREDIBLE the things these teams did, and the routines they pulled off. It was exciting and very entertaining.

Matt became an assistant coach for the cheer team at school (when the other asst coach went on maternity leave) and he has loved working with the girls!!

Yes, folks...that's right...I married my very own little cheerleader. I think it is a good thing that now-a-days people's jaws drop when they hear Matt cheered in HS. haha. My sister's fiance, Derek, just got material to last a lifetime, when it comes to making fun of Matt.

I think it is kinda cute. emphasis on the kinda.

Nonetheless, we are SOOOO proud of our girls! They were awesome!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goooo TEAM!!! This is totally the coolest thing ever. So excited for you fruit boots. Oh man the smirk on my face right now.:)You look like one hell of a cheerleader. Are guy cheerleaders called something else, I just want to make sure I get my names correct when I call you a male cheerleader... HAHA

Love ya both,
Roo

Kimberly Smith said...

i played just about every sport and yeah, including cheerleading which is a pretty hard "sport". At least dedication wise and especially at competitions. you know what it takes to plaster your head with curlers and hair spray and have a perma smile? :)
So proud of Matt's girls!!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO MATT!! You have out-done yourself once again. You see???? Back at OG would you have EVER thought you would be coaching a cheerleading team??
I guess there is always a purpose for everything, even if we don;t know it at the time.

Love you guys!
Stalker Mom xoxoxo

Anne said...

Cheerleading is hard work, man! Seriously! I have never been in better shape in my life than when I was in cheer. Also, I love that Matt is a cheer coach. And that he cheered in H.S. Love it.

...Crystal... said...

I too have a hard time calling it a sport, but I guess I shouldn't talk because I have never done it (drill team in jr. high was the closest I got). Way to go Matt! That is so awesome they won. Um, can I have a copy of that pic? Never knew that fun fact about your hubby!