Wednesday, February 25, 2009

things about me

on facebook, there was a note circulating to list 25 or 30 things about yourself. i kept avoiding it, because i wasn't sure if it would be too a.) hard, or b.) time consuming, to complete this task. then i saw a friend list this same thing on her blog. i liked the idea. so here is the game. leave a comment on my page with how many of these things you knew about me already, and if any were noteworthy surprising to you. if you are reading this and you have a blog, post 30 things about yourself on your blog. if you don't want to play my game, that's fine too :)

so, here goes nothing...random things about me.

1. i think i am funny and i make myself laugh
2. i would have more dogs if i could
3. i am terrified of hitting an animal with my car
4. i love being a teacher, but i hate grading
5. i am a caffeine addict so much so it doesn't really work to wake me up
6. i leave diet cokes in the freezer a lot. (see number #7)
7. i don't like anything tepid. something meant to be hot needs to be HOT and something cold needs to be COLD!
8. i wish i liked red wine, i think it would make me seem more mature
9. i want to run a marathon but i am scared i couldn't finish because of my knees
10. i am hard on myself
11. i have issues with piling up crap. i wish i didn't.
12. i am a little bit type A, and i notice it mostly when i'm teaching.
13. i love silence.
14. i rarely listen to music in the car
15. sometimes i wish i still played competitive soccer
16. i don't adjust well to change. it is scary.
17. i really believe everything happens for a reason
18. i miss my grandparents and miss having them around. (yes, even grandma)
19. i don't consider myself a democrat or a republican
20. i wish i were fluent in spanish. i got so close.
21. brazil for 3 weeks taught me a lot about me
22. i am a very reflective person in every aspect of my life
23. i hate carpet-y bath mats. please put down one that is towel material.
24. speaking of towels, i don't like to share a towel with anyone. ever. euw. not even my husband.
25. i can't wait to be a mom. but see #16, the change in life does scare me.
26. i am passionate about a lot of things
27. i love photography and wish i could do it on the side
28. i am inspired and encouraged by perfect strangers all the time. i wish i could tell them all.
29. i speak my mind more freely than ever before. i love that freedom, it feels healthy.
30. i love middle-school kids so much and they drive me so nuts all at the same time
31. i love being married!

ok, so that was actually pretty easy. i cheated and put 31. i think i could have kept going :) Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

kel said...

13....me too.
14....really?
I can't remember all of these from the list.

I already posted my 25 things.

...Crystal... said...

Loved the list--pretty sure I knew all 31. I think #1 is my fav and would go on my list too! Love you!

matt and whitney said...

kel, i got the idea to post them on my blog from you! thanks for playing!

cp, i figured you would know all of these! :) love you too!

Kimberly Smith said...

wasn't surprised by any so I think I'm pretty sure I knew all of them.
I'm so with you on #1...I tell David daily how funny I am...he seems unconvinced still after 9 years
#14 you need your head examined...or I do for having to have it on.
#31 marital bliss baby!!

Love you tons Whitty!

Mackenzie said...

8 - maybe i can convert you sometime. wine tasting cured me of my white wine rut.
14 - really? what do you do...sing to yourself? or talk to yourself? or talk to the people you drive by on the street? i'm really confused about this one and agree - maybe you need to have your head examined :)
23 - after i read this fact about you i realized i share the same animosity towards carpet-y bathmats.
27 - ooh...me too!


love you whit! i posted my 25 random things on my facebook profile -- did you read 'em?

Anonymous said...

okay...you're the teacher!
1. I think that is part of your personality
4. to the first part
5. no...duh
6. and they explode don't they????
8. there is still time to win you over
10. another part of your personality
11. welcome to the club (Matt="Felix")
12. no...duh (again)!!
16. you have lots of company
17. you have a lot of faith
19. that will come with the red wine
20. yo también
22. you are very considerate
23. pilfer a few from your next hotel stay
25. nahhh...the change in life comes in your 50's!
you'll be a GREAT mom. Little "Whit Jr." with a short from Starbucks!!!!!
27. us too...wonderful hobby
29. no...duh! (again)
30. you fit right in!
31. it shows and we love it
Just for the record, 13 and 14 really threw me. I never would have guessed that about you.
All in all I'd say (just my opinion) you are one pretty wonderful little ball of energy that married that cheerleader!
Guess who? ;o) xoxo