Wednesday, February 11, 2009

lazy me

so, i know i am not a "lazy" person per se. but i do get lazy about getting up in the morning and getting ready for work. for example, i wear my UGLY roosevelt polo shirt at least once a week (because it is so easy) and other roosevelt tee-shirts at least twice a week. with jeans. and tennies. i hit snooze about 17 times (i have listened to probably 4 full songs on my radio alarm by the time i turn it off). not good. so, i roll out of bed by 6:30........5.....ish. 6:35. i toss a couple bobbies in my hair to get it out of my face (if a brush hits my hair, that's a good day...usually comb it out with my fingers quickly.) and if my make-up is still on from the day before, i touch it up, pour my coffee and i'm out the door by 7! oh, if you are getting grossed out, i do shower every day...just at night often times :) deodorant and perfume is a given, right? i didn't think i needed to mention that. but i did just now.

i used to wear heels everyday. i used to care about trying to be almost as tall as my students...and looking nice. i used to wear all my slacks. now i wear all my jeans. so, why do i blog about this today, you ask? let me tell ya...

today, a girl in my after-school reading class says, "mrs. harvey, do you have a meeting today?" I wondered why she asked, and i responded, "no honey. why do you ask?" She continues, "do you have somewhere to go straight after school today?" I said, "no, why?"

She said, "oh because you look nice today so I was just wondering." HAHAHA. oh gee, thanks!

I was wearing heels to school for the first time in ages. but jeans and a nice shirt. i had to laugh at her attempted compliment which for me was more so a glaring indication that i am a slob at work this year. leave it to a 13 year old.

I'm wearing heels tomorrow.

4 comments:

kel said...

Dude. I STILL don't get how you wear heels every day to work. Oh hell no!

Anonymous said...

What do I know??? I wear t-shirts and capris every day of my life (except to "special" weddings where I get to add wonderful daughter-in-laws to our family!) ;o)

You are a god-send to our life....and yes...you are the last page I will visit tonight before bed...so good night!

Stalker Mom xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Wait, Kelsey is that you. Oh its just your twin sister piles. Piles and Stacks, what a combo. This is a great week for you, first it's anatomy class instead of english and now this realization. Too funny... Love this. Miss you guys

Roo

Kimberly Smith said...

i have a box...an entire box in my office full of heels. different colors so i'll always have a match to my outfit. but unless i actually have a meeting i could care less that the people that i work with get to see me all day long wandering around in my uggs and zippy over my somewhat not so "corporate casual" outfit.
So be lazy!!! We know we always dress cute for each other on the weekends :) Ha! love you GG!