Sunday, July 19, 2009

delaying gratification?

how do people wait 40 weeks in order to be surprised at birth with a boy or a girl?

that amazes me.

good thing we are having a baby in this day and age with all this technology, because we are dying to know what we are having. it's a good thing matt is the same way. we can't even wait until 20 weeks like normal people, to find out from our doctor! so following the footsteps of several of our friends, we are going to try to find out with an extra ultrasound as early as we can, between 13 and 14 weeks! (provided of course that baby is not being shy and cooperates by showing the goods.)

i think it is cool when people wait until birth, but i also think the surprise of finding out when we do will be just as sweet.

i'm kinda bad at delaying gratification. i'm also kinda bad at surprises. drives me nuts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New technology is really wonderful and being able to discover the sex of your child before birth is really amazing. Aside from this great technology, nothing can take away from the fact that during your 40 weeks you will experience the most amazing gift by knowing and feeling this wonderfully perfect little "person" growing inside of you. Scary and exciting all at once.
Enjoy every minute and make sure Matt sings "Happy Birthday" when peanut is born!

Love you guys!!
Stalker Mom xoxoxo

Laci said...

Wow, I haven't read your blog in awhile. I clicked on it this morning to see "delaying gratification"....such a surprise! How exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's awesome, let me tell ya! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Derek and Kelsey said...

I agree! There is NO way I could be patient enough to wait it out -- So excited for your appointment to see if we are welcoming a mister or a misses into the family! ;) Love you!

Melissa Abby said...

I loved not knowing but it is pretty cool that you can find out now. But whether you find out at 20 weeks or 40 (or 42 in my case :) it's the best thing EVER!