Monday, July 13, 2009

matt's new murse

for those of you unfamiliar with the term, let me define it for you.

murse = man purse

if you know my husband at all, you would know that he is never thrilled to hold my purse for me. i need him to hold my purse for a variety of reasons at various times and locations. he complies begrudgingly, but usually holds it far away from his body and is thrusting it back at me, before i am actually ready to have it back. thank you. geeesh! i usually say "cute murse" as he is holding it, which probably doesn't help.

today, between the hours of 8am and 7pm (nice short window there) UPS was bringing matthew a new toy. he was prepared to wait all day for the man in brown, because his package required a signature and he wasn't about to let the man walk away from our door still carrying his package. thankfully for matt, they came mid morning and he didn't have to wait until 6:55pm.

matt was sooOooOo excited to show me his new toy AND the "carrying case" it came with. I told him his "carrying case" closely resembled a murse. but did he care? nope! because that murse had a brand new range finder inside. he immediately trotted off to the golf course with his murse over his shoulder to go show off, ahem...try out....his range finder.

maybe i'll put his range finder in my purse next time i want him to willingly take on the task of holding it.

look how excited he is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...I see the twinkle in his eye! If he were 20 years younger he'd be stomping his feet and asking
"can I go now...huh...can I go ????" hahahah!

Love,
Stalker Mom xoxoxo

Kimberly Smith said...

oh the comments I could make...but I stick with my original, the night said "ranger finder" was purchased.
boys and their toys...geesh