Tuesday, July 7, 2009

...lil peanut...

There were two things I personally wanted to accomplish before having kids: 1.) finish grad school with a MA, and 2.) run a marathon.

It's a darn good thing I ran the marathon this year, because we've got a peanut on board! Yep, that's right...take a look for yourself :)



We decided to start trying after our anniversary this year, and were pleasantly surprised with how soon it happened (and a little shocked and in disbelief for a while!) It was so surreal and hard to comprehend at first! I took 3 tests just to make sure the first one wasn't lying :)

The day before the marathon (May 30) I woke up at 5am and knew I wanted to take a test. It was a few days before I was actually supposed to miss my period, but I was just too curious and felt like I might be (ie. sore boobs for 2 weeks-what?!) So....5am, I wake up, and go pee on a stick.

Matt is soundly sleeping in bed. In the next room over, I anxiously await the little blinking hour glass trying to look away and not stare at it. When it read PREGNANT and there was no 'NOT' in front of it, my heart started beating sooOoooOoo fast! I couldn't believe it, i wasn't sure I did believe it!

Nonetheless, I went straight back to get in bed with wide eyes and a pounding heart! Matt stirred and I quickly said "hi!" and he groggily answered "hi babe." I said "are you going back to sleep?" (as if he wasn't clearly still sleeping to begin with) and he said "yeah, I am tired...are you okay?" to which I quickly replied, "yah. I'm great. but I don't think I can go back to sleep!" Then I just blurted out "I'm pregnant!" It was adios to all the cute ways I had previously thought about telling him when the time came. It was 5 o'clock in the morning, and I certainly wasn't able to wait for him to go back to sleep for a couple hours! He flipped over, opened his eyes, looked at me and said "really?!" Then, he said "Yes! My boys can swim!" That's my baby daddy right there. We shared some time of excitement and almost disbelief and then more excitement!

The whole time I was running the marathon the next day, I was thinking to myself, "dang, I'm awesome. I can't believe I am doing this pregnant!" (haha) and "I get to tell my kid that they ran a marathon with me in the womb!" :)

the same verdict :)



daddy to be


me


It was so hard to hang out with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law all day at the expo and not tell them! We just wanted to confirm it, and believe it ourselves before telling everyone!


we got this cute idea from our friends, dust and kimmie, to have our four-legged kids help us with the announcement to our families! Bud and Zoe were champs for sporting the BIG BROTHER and BIG SISTER t-shirts I made for them (even though they hated every minute of it).




Both our families could not be more excited! I am almost 10 weeks, and I am due February 4th! I will keep you posted with info and photo documentation of me expanding as the babe grows :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I am going to be a GRANDMA!!!
This is just too too much. I remember when you first sent me the picture of Zoe and Buddy in their t-shirts and thought you were trying to tell me that Zoe was going to have puppies and I thought....isn't she just a little too old??? Life is amazing...and so the cirlce continues. You and Matt will be in my prayers every day as extra support to bring your little "peanut" into this world healthy and happy. You guys are going to be such wonderful parents.
Love you so much,
Grandma Rochin aka "Stalker Mom" xoxoxoxo

Molly Petersen said...

Yay!!! We are so happy for you guys!! Welcome to the club!! How are you feeling??

krista said...

wahoooooooooooooooooooo! i am excited for you!!! congratulations! i totally remember the feeling of complete disbelief. i took (at least) 3 tests too. you guys are going to be great parents.

The Olson Family said...

HOLLA!!!!!!!!!! So glad the first appointment went well and your lil peanut is sooo cute already! Can't wait to find out if it's a he or a she! Love you guys!!!!

kel said...

WOW! Congrats, BABE! i am sooo happy for you both!

Anne said...

WHITNEY!!!!!!! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys! You are going to be AWESOME parents. Remember how much fun Alexa had with Matt when we were at your house in January? Love it!!!

Derek and Kelsey said...

YAY! :) I am going to be an aunt kiki again! I couldnt be more thrilled, I cant wait to see you get bigger and cuter with each day, week and month! I love you sis! And Matt... you're ok too... ;) Like everyone else said you guys are going to be AMAZING parents, and I cant wait to share it with you and support you all along the way! Love you both! (well, all THREE of you!!) xoxoxoxo, kels (and D)

Kimberly Smith said...

Yay! Baby Harv!!
You already know how super duper excited I am if I haven't already let you know it every single second :) So happy to get to take this new journey in life side by side with you. love you tons Whitty!!!

Deanna said...

Congrats, Harvey's!! Yay for the baby blog!! Its official:)

Emily said...

Yaaaaaaaay! SO excited for you guys! Great story, you are definitely hardcore. Much love to you and peanut!

Melissa Abby said...

You are too cute Whitney!! How exciting...hopefully our kids can play soccer together at Point Loma :)

Christine said...

Soooo exciting!! Congrats Whit!!!!!!

Jana said...

Okay, first I have to say sorry for just now reading this on your blog (today is July 30th!). I have been a little tied up and haven't spent much time reading peoples' blogs. SORRY!
Secondly, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS, QUIT WHIT! I am so happy for you guys and I know Josh will be too when I tell him! :) You are looking great...hope you are feeling okay. I am sure If I keep reading I will find out more about that...so maybe I will comment when I get there!
Welcome to the mommy club!